Middle school science project should be designed to enhance the interest of students and should be able to clear their basics about science. Students should be able to apply their theoretical knowledge in a practical way.
Balloon Blow Up
This experiment is easy and is based on chemical reaction between baking soda and vinegar
1. Bottle with narrow neck
3. Baking Soda
- Make a liquid solution in bottle in such a way that it contains the same amount of water and vinegar (half vinegar and half water).
- Now half fill the balloon with baking soda – Use funnel to fill balloon.
- Stretch and fix the open end of balloon on the mouth of the bottle. Take care to fix the balloon tightly. Make sure baking soda doesn’t fall in the liquid.
- Hold the balloon and tilt it slowly in such a way that baking soda falls inside the bottle.
- Fizz will be generated in the liquid and balloon will inflate.
Recycling Paper :-
This project will help students to understand paper recycling process and will make them aware of environmental problems.
- Old newspaper
- Large pan
- electric blender/mixer
- Wax paper
- Corn starch
- Tear used pages into small pieces (the smaller the better)
- Place the pieces in large pan and add enough water.
- Let the paper pieces soak water for next 15 minutes.
- Prepare a mixture containing water and cornstarch with 2:1 ratio. Stir the solution till cornstarch dissolves completely.
- Pour out the left over water from pan.
- Add the paper pieces soaked in water and the solution in the blender. Run the blender for 5 minutes.
- Keep the screen over pan and pour the mixture from blender in the pan.
- Now spread the material on screen.
- Cover the material on screen with a wax paper.
- Squeeze out extra water from the material.
- Carefully remove the wax paper.
- Allow the material to dry for sufficient time. It may take few days also.
- Carefully remove the screen after drying the material.
Use this paper to write and make others aware about recycling of paper.