Materials science basically involves research and development of new materials as ell as improving the existing ones. These materials which are subject of research have important applications for improving technology and our daily life. Materials are generally in three states; solid, liquid and gaseous. The Materials Science Experiments are meant for the purpose of making the kids understand properties and facts or various types of materials.
Materials Science Project Ideas :
These Materials Science Experiments are pretty fascinating in nature and are simple to carry out. Kids can have a great time while performing these experiments and at the same time learn a lot about materials and their properties. These experiments generally involve testing of strength, stiffness and several other properties of different types of materials such as metal, wood, fluids, etc.
Some Popular Materials Science Experiments which are quite ideal for science fair are:
Changing matter experiment
- Reversible and irreversible change
- Study of different types of rocks and soils
- Study of various types of materials
- Gases around us
- Study of different types of liquids
- Characteristics of materials
- Sorting and using materials
- How things break?
- Wood adhesive durability
- How to make metals stronger?
- What type of metal is the most resistant to corrosion?
- Strength in numbers
- Testing sunscreen effectiveness
- What kind of wood will burn slower?
- Measuring porosity and density of sand
- The surprising strength of eggshells
- What insulation material is the best?
- The viscosity of motor oil
- Fishing line strength
- Bacteria resistant materials
- How can straw make a sturdy building?
- Best disinfectant
- Experiment with anti magnets
- Materials for sound barriers
- Does chemical lightening affect the human hair structure?
These Materials Science Experiments are perfect for science fairs, where a child can easily demonstrate properties and features of various types of materials.